|Almonds + oats + liquid= perfect soap alternative.|
I REPEAT, USING SOAP ON YOUR FACE IS REALLY BAD, MMM'KAY?
Why? It completely wipes out your pores (dirt and oil) which causes your face to work double time to replace the oils it actually needs. This causes breakouts, blotches, blemishes, and ultimately dry skin. It also turns your face into a potential bacteria breeding ground. GROSS.
I'm not the kind of girl who delivers bad news without a silver lining. I'm happy to announce that I have found a daily facial scrub to replace soap! Bonus: it's totally natural! The recipe is below. One batch will last you eight days.
What You Will Need
- 1/2 cup of oats, finely ground
- 1/2 cup of almonds, finely ground
- Small dish or bowl
- Coffee grinder or food processor
- Liquid: water, witch hazel (for oily skin), or milk (for dry skin)
|Use a coffee grinder to turn oats to powder.|
- Blend1/2 cup of oats in your coffee grinder until powder.
- Pour oats into a resealable container.
- Blend 1/2 cup of almonds in your coffee grinder until powder.
- Pour almonds on top of oats in resealable container. Stir until well blended.
Using Your Facial Scrub
- Take 2 tablespoons of powder blend from the resealable container and put in a small bowl or palm of your hand.
- Add your choice of liquid to powder blend. Mix well.
- The idea here is to lightly soak the oats. Your scrub should not be runny.
- Use water, Witch Hazel for oily skin, or milk for dry skin. I recommend using distilled water, not tap water.
- To tone with apple cider vinegar: soak cotton round in water. Use an eyedropper to distribute no more than four (4) drops to the cotton round. Swipe entire face, avoiding eye area.
|Refreshed face all day, every day.|
If you used almond meal flour (store bought), make sure to refrigerate the almond meal flour after opening. I'm keeping my scrub in the fridge, too, just to be safe.
What do-it-yourself facial scrub or mask have you tried? How did it work? Let me know in the comments. Feel free to check out my recipe for a honey and oatmeal mask, too.