Instead of crying about this first world problem, I did some research to find one awesome all-purpose cleaner. I wanted something I could use in the kitchen and bathroom. I asked my network for their go-to recipes and did some serious Googleing.
I believe I've found the magic solution! It was actually shared by my friend Jessica Cabiness on Twitter. I tweaked it a little bit and voila! Isn't being a connected domestic wizard awesome?
LediaMedia's Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner
What You'll Need
- 1 spray bottle
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 10 drops of essential oil (lemon or peppermint)
- Hot water
- Funnel (optional)
Creating Your Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner
- Using a funnel, pour 2 tablespoons of baking soda into a spray bottle.
- Slowly pour 1 cup white vinegar into the spray bottle. This will cause a fizzing reaction so pour slowing and carefully!
- Add 10 drops of essential oil. Both lemon and peppermint smell great and have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Fill rest of spray bottle with hot water.
- Shake until well mixed.
Using Your Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner
- Once mixed, spray cleaner onto counter tops, sinks, ovens, stoves, toilets, and floors. It will disinfect just about anything.
- Avoid mirrors and glass, as it will cause streaking and smears when wiped off.
What I Learned
- After the vinegar dries, the smell goes away.
- White vinegar also acts as a deodorizer.
What do you use for an all-purpose cleaner? Please share in the comments below. While you're at it, try out my other recipes for homemade shower cleaner, Windex, and Drain-o.